background

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Pressure and Grace




It's finally the Christmas season! It's my favorite time of year, and I usually just love every second. But this year I feel like it has just sprung on us suddenly! With adjusting to a family of four and being on maternity leave, I just feel like "normal" is different everyday. It just seems like time is flying by!! I should have more time than ever bc I am not working, but it just doesn't feel like it.

Anyhow, today on my time hop I found this article:

http://vitafamiliae.com/to-the-mamas-of-littles-during-the-holidays/

And it gave me a breath of fresh grace I surely needed.

You see, usually we do a Jesse Tree each night during the holidays. And I have been thinking all year how I wanted our Elf on the Shelf to teach Griffin the true meaning of Christmas.

But I forgot that last year we broke some of our Jesse tree ornaments and had decided we would make new ones this year. So we are not prepared for that....

And the hard part about Elf giving Griffin little lessons or things to do to teach kindness and the meaning for the season is that it takes time in the mornings, and we are short on time in the mornings...

Reading this article just reminded me that Advent isn't about having the perfect activities or being the perfect teacher to my son. It is actually about the fact that I can't be perfect and I will always fall short, even with the best planning. That's why this precious baby was sent to earth for us. It's about the Hope we have thanks to Jesus coming to be our sacrifice. Praise Him!

So I will still attempt to teach my three year old about Jesus and that Christmas is more than toys. But I am gonna give myself so much grace. So much grace. Because I have been given so much grace from my savior.

I encourage you to do the same :-)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment