background

Friday, July 24, 2015

Stitch Fix: My 2nd Fix Review

I got my 2nd Fix from StitchFix a few weeks ago! It is always so fun to see this little box appear on my doorstep.


Stitch Fix is an online styling service and fashion retailer in one. You get your own personal stylist that handpicks a “Fix” for you with five clothing items and/or accessories that are unique to your taste, budget and lifestyle. You have 3 days to decide if you are going to keep any of the items in your Fix. You can buy whatever you like and return the rest, free of charge in their postage paid envelope. There is a $20 styling fee, but if you purchase any of the items in your Fix, it’s credited back to you. If you haven’t tried it yet, you should try it for a month! It’s SO fun! You can sign up for just a one time Fix or you can set how often you’d like your Fix’s to arrive. You can sign up (or learn more) by clicking HERE.

Most of the pieces are priced on average around $55 and usually a whole fix will cost you around $200 if you decide you want to keep all of the items (if you keep everything, you will also get a 25% discount).Some of the pieces are definitely more than I usually spend on clothes, but I am trying to focus on building a wardrobe of quality pieces that can mix and match better.So I have decided that since I do not usually buy things for myself, color my hair, buy makeup etc., this is going to be my little "splurge"!

So here is what I got last time:

The Brook Dot Print Tie-Waist Top


I did not love this top. I hated the tie, and because of the tie it fit funny. I loved the material, it was super light and soft.
  • Verdict: Sent Back
Emer Jacquard Print High Waist Cropped Pant & Sam Hi-Lo Short Sleeve Tee

These pants were too big, but I loved the style. They have a jacquard print on the pants, which give them a texture. They are slip on and off, so no buttons or zippers. I think I would have loved them if they were my size. But they were also pricey! 
  • Verdict: Sent Back
This shirt is so soft, super comfy, and versatile. I love that I can put it with dressy pants and it looks nice, or I can wear it with jean shorts. 
  • Verdict: Kept!
Esten Button-Up Sleeveless Blouse 

I love this top soooo much. I need to take pictures outside and up close next time, because you cannot see the detail in this top here. It is a blouse material, and is thin. It fits well and looks super nice and "dressy" but is comfy. I can wear it with dress pants, or with casual shorts. Love love love. And I am super into Navy right now (which I told my stylist) so I was excited to get a navy top.
  • Verdict: Kept! 
Aliza Stone Teardrop Earrings
I had specifically asked for them to not give me any jewelry or purses. I can get cute jewelry much cheaper than they will send me I am sure, and I didnt want to waste one of my 5 items on that. So I was annoyed that they sent me these earrings this time. And they were like $30 for not even cute earrings! Grr....
  • Verdict: Sent Back!!!!

When you get your Fix, it comes in a cute box wrapped nicely. It feels like a present! They give you styling guide cards to give you ideas of how to wear the items. 
You get the leave feedback when you "checkout"/tell them what you are keeping and what you are sending back. I like this because after a few fixes I think they will really get what I am wanting. A friend of mine loved a piece she got, but it was too big. They ended up telling her they would send the correct size. Yay!

My next Fix should be coming in a week or so, and I cant wait! I have asked for a good pair of black pants for work. Let's see if they can deliver. I will keep you posted, ha!

If you want to sign up for a fix, just click here! And then make sure to share with your friends, because they offer referral credits too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment